Here are last month’s SportsPickle.com power rankings. It’s time for an update.
1. Solar – Still not a lot of sunlight at this time of year, but with the president signing the stimulus bill at a solar panel company, they get the boost to the top. Watch out, though, solar — if the bill doesn’t work, you’re dropping even when it gets sunnier outside.
2. Wind – Alaska is leading the way. And tossing a moose into a windmill is a quick and easy way to butcher it.
3. Coal – Holding steady in the third spot, thanks to China. But the farther we get from Christmas, I have less to burn.
4. Pitt – They have the components to move up the rankings in March and April. The haunches of DeJuan Blair and LeVance Fields could provide us EnErgy InDependence.
5. Tower of Power – They’ve got a new album. And when you consider they could be fueled by the products of former bassist Victor Conte, they deserve a spot on the power rankings.
Falling out of the rankings: nuclear, Arizona Cardinals, horsepower.